This release showcases LiveCam, a brand-new security camera app that immediately turns a spare phone into an IP camera. The iOS version was released with the Android version coming around October. The revamp of DS cam offers higher performance, in addition to the addition of IP speakers to the hardware service list. The following generation of Application Center offers greater flexibility for application management.
“With the combination of LiveCam on iOS along with the brand new DS cam, Surveillance Station has entered a mobile era of transforming the phone to a safety camera and using its own video files accessible by DS cam,” explained Ivan Chang, Product Manager in Synology Inc.”Features like Smart Time Lapse, Double Authentication, and support for IP speakers make Surveillance Station that the project-ready solution.”
- Turn phones into cameras with LiveCam: Your mobile device can now be an IP camera. After LiveCam is set up on your mobile phone, you can add it to Surveillance Station as an IP camera that can record as you go. With this new feature, now you can put your spare devices to great use.
- Application Center that knows precisely what you’ll need: New fashion of add-ons called Application Center provides up to 26 applications and utilities. Use the category filter or keyword search to quickly find the application that you are searching for and personalize your Surveillance Station.
- Revamped DS camera with outstanding functionality and compatibility: The next generation of DS camera not just provides a more streamlined viewing encounter but also multi-timeline capabilities for intuitively searching through video footage. In addition, with off-line license authentication set up, now you can easily deploy the machine in a quicker pace.
- Now supports IP speakers: Surveillance Station 8.2 can transmit sound or arrange scheduled broadcasts on incorporated IP speakers. In multi-speaker installation, either solitary or group broadcast can be offered. This application is very helpful for displaying a large-scale project from start to finish.
- Shield your information with Double Authorization: A much safer and more flexible privilege management measure, Dual Authorization limits sensitive functions like handling cameras or accessing video records to only be achieved with authorization from another celebration. With extra protection set up, this prevents the usage of sensitive data.
- Stream to the entire world with Live Broadcast: Share your excitement with all the world as you live stream to YouTube with no configurations required. Just select the camera and input the route information supplied on YouTube. Your live stream broadcast is ready for action.
To learn more about DSM compatibility, package installation, and implemented models of Synology Surveillance Station 8.2, please visit https://www.synology.com/surveillance/8.2.
Synology in a Glance
Synology creates network attached storage, IP surveillance solutions, and network equipment that change the way users manage information, conduct surveillance, and manage networks from the cloud era. By taking full advantage of the latest technologies, Synology aims to help users centralize data storage and backup, share documents on-the-go, implement professional surveillance solutions, and manage networks in reliable and affordable ways. Synology is committed to providing products with forward-thinking features and the very best in class customer solutions.