QNAP TVS-2472XU-RP-i5-8G FEATURES AND APPLICATIONS – Product Brief
We are taking a look at the QNAP TVS-2472XU-RP-i5-8G Rackmount 2U NAS, designed for diversified business IT environments, featuring 24 hot-swappable bays, an 8th generation Intel® Core™ processor, a built-in 10GbE SmartNIC, and PCIe expansion for 25GbE / 40GbE connectivity to boost intensive large file sharing, heavily-loaded backups, or virtualization applications. PCIe expandability also allows for installing graphics cards to empower AI workflows and video transcoding, and the 4K HDMI 2.0 output can display surveillance videos on a monitor or TV to improve surveillance management. The TVS-2472XU-RP also features a redundant power supply to ensure maximum system uptime.
Some of the TVS-2472XU-RP salient features:
- Dual 10GbE connectivity optimizes high-speed data transfer and VMware virtualization with iSER
- SSD caching and auto tiering enables 24/7 optimized efficiency
- Fiber channel Target using the iSCSI and Fiber Channel app, support with installing a QNAP Fiber channel card.
- PCIe expandability allows for graphics cards or 40GbE/ 25GbE/ 10GbE adapters to increase application performance
- Software-defined SSD RAID extra over-provisioning (from 1% to 60%) optimizes SSD random write speeds and extends SSD lifespan.
- 4K media playback and online transcoding. Directly view on a TV/monitor via HDMI 2.0 output (up to 4K @60Hz)
- Comprehensive security management, providing a security portal for your NAS and helping you to stay informed of NAS status always.
- Scalable storage supporting virtualization, containerized apps, centralized storage, backup, sharing, and disaster recovery
- Empower GPU-accelerated computing with graphics cards
- Cloud backup to object storage
- An all-new hybrid-cloud experience
- Plethora of other features not limited to: Snapshots for Volume & LUNs, Hybrid backup sync, VM backup, Windows and Mac backup, Virtualization and Container Stations.
The features don’t end here this is just the beginning with a whole host of features that cover every aspect of small, medium and enterprise business needs.
Our TVS-2472XU-RP model integrated with 24 x 16TB – Toshiba MG08ACA16TE 16TB 7200RPM 512e 3.5″ SATA High-Performance Enterprise drives and optimized with RAID 10, yielding a total of 189TB usable.
Using an industry-leading 9-disk design pioneered by Toshiba, the MG08 Series provides 16TB of conventional magnetic recording (CMR) capacity and 7,200 rpm performance. The industry-standard 3.5-inch form-factor integrates easily into cloud-scale storage infrastructure, business-critical servers and storage, and File and Object storage solutions. Toshiba’s precision industrial laser welding technology is used to seal helium inside the 9-disk mechanics. The massive 16TB capacity is delivered using proven CMR recording technology providing optimum application compatibility and data reliability. Available with either a SATA 6.0 Gbit/s or a 12.0 Gbit/s SAS interface, the MG08 Series models integrate easily into standard 3.5-inch drive bays to help reduce the footprint and operational burden of cloud-scale storage infrastructure, and business critical servers and storage systems.
- Industry Standard 3.5-inch 26.1 mm Height Form Factor
- Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) 16TB for broad compatibility
- Industry-leading 9-disk helium-sealed design for superior storage density
- 7,200 rpm Performance
- 550 Total TB Transferred per Year Workload Rating
- 512e or 4Kn Advanced Format Sector Technology; (512e Model) Includes Toshiba Persistent Write Cache Technology for Data-Loss Protection in Sudden Power-Loss Events
- Integration for NAS/SAN servers undertaken by QNAPdirect
Special Pre-Built Configured TVS-2472XU-RP 8G NAS integrated with Toshiba MG08ACA16TE 16TB 7200RPM 512e 3.5″ SATA servers featuring 384TB and 192TB.
The TVS-2472XU-RP offers an excellent overall value with stellar performance and with pricing this low, you should jump at these offers quickly.