QNAP TVS-951X NAS Buyer’s Guide
- 10GBASE-T/NBASE-T port provides 10GbE connectivity
- Qtier™ technology and SSD caching
- Full support for virtualization and containerized applications
- 4K media playback and online transcoding
Powered by a recent 7th generation Intel Celeron dual-core 1.8 GHz CPU, the QNAP TVS-951X features a modern hybrid drive bay design that comprises four 2.5 inch Solid State Drive (SSD) slots and five 3.5 inch drive bays. The TVS-951X comes with a build-in 10GBASE-T (10G/5G/2.5G1G/100M) network port. The combining hard drives and SSDs facilitate operators to make the most of both the volume and performance with the SSD caching and Qtier auto-tiering storage. Users can also get economical, highly effective and a high-performance NAS solution that features rich multimedia applications like 10GbE connectivity, multimedia transcoding or streaming and 4K HDMI output.
The TVS-951X features an innovative Intel HD Graphics 610 and supports double channel 4K H.264 and H.265 hardware decrypting and real-time transcoding. The users can now enjoy videos of up to 4K@30FPS on a television via an HDMI output. They can as well stream their media archives to various devices using Cinema28 multi-zone software application, Plex Media Server or else Roon Server by QNAP.
The QNAP TVS-951X 9-Bay also features 30x Cameras in surveillance station, VM use with Virtualization station, Container station, Linux station, and Windows Server Support, there is more with full app support on QTS 4.3.4 operating software.
NAS has become exceptionally popular among large enterprises. The QNAP TVS-951X has an excellent case that is designed to withstand the environment and extreme data usage; however, it still radiates style and gives an atmosphere of assurance for the buyers’ asset. Hybrid NAS can now coexist within any storage categorized deployment thanks to the extra 4-bay for 2.5 inches of SSD options that have propelled the 5-bay market.
QNAP TVS-951X Key specifications
The all-inclusive and highly compact 9-bay multimedia NAS with 10GbE connectivity with hybrid storing is basically suitable for professional home use as well as small business use. Therefore, what makes this unit exceptional?
- Drive mixtures that boost the overall system performance. The combination also allows for hot and cold storage that makes storage possible without necessarily leaving drive bays blank. The hybrid drive bay design makes this unit unique with its five 3.5-inch drive bays and four 2.5-inch drive bays, making a total of 9-bays fitted elegantly into a 5-bay form factor. This combination of hard drives allows for both primary and secondary back storage all in one unit.
- You will never get dismissed for purchasing Intel. Compatibility is a no-barrier. The QNAP TVS-951X is well-matched with the Roon Server App that delivers a stress-free mode of streaming music to many devices. Additionally, the unit has a drive compatibility.
- Dense size allows for easy deployment of applications for better system performance.
- Great multimedia features. The QNAP TVS-951X offers a superb music experience with its compatibility with the Roon Server which offers stress-free means to stream videos and music through multiple devices.
- Memory upgrades up to 32GB. The QNAP TVS-951X is supported by power dual-core processor that is either supported by a 2GB or 8GB DDR4 dual channel memory and is limited to 32GB upgrade. Flexible storage expansion with QNAP expansion enclosure and Virtual JBOD (VJBOD).
- Snapshots that record the system data and status, enabling the users to protect files and data from unintentional erasure and malware attacks. These snapshots make it possible to protect data on a real-time basis.
The TVS-951X is built to utilize a modern hybrid storing structure that controls the convenience of using hard drives (HDD) and SSD so as to deliver high storage volume and enhance the performance. Improving the storage in a QNAP TVS-951X is possible thanks to the new Qtier technology and SSD caching. Users can flexibly assign applications to the SSDs, or even set up an SSD cache, they can also systematize using Qtier technology which spontaneously tier the recently and frequently retrieved documents to SSD for higher access speeds. All these are some of the features that make it possible for the QNAP TVS-951X to allow optimization of storage.
In the TVS-951X, cold storage will be the SATA hard drives. Cold data, which is the less accessed data, are moved to lower cost, high capacity SATA drives. For users who have data that need to be accessed frequently, the best storage method will be through SSDs.
When SSDs ranging from 250GB up to 4TB are introduced, there occurs a combination of hot and cold storage. This makes the QNAP TVS-951X the most efficient shared resource.
Developed with a Built-in 10GBASE-T network feature, the TVS-951X has the capacity to deliver high-speed connectivity to local networks. Users can upgrade their network structure to profit from better transfer speeds while also increasing their bandwidth-demanding applications by using QNAP’s 10GbE no managed control and the TVS-951X. Both controls enhance the NBASE-T (10G/5G/2.5G/1G/100M) network technologies. Therefore, users can make use of the Cat 5e, 6 as well as the 6a cables to achieve 10GbE speed over an extensive distance.
Application and user cases
TVS-951X is becoming a custom in both homes and businesses.
- High-speed 10GbE network connectivity
- 4k video transcoding in real-time
- Powered by a 7th generation Intel Celeron dual-core 1.8GHz processor
- Hybrid structure for supporting SSD and tiered storage
- Multiply your output; Smart filing, File digitalization, Centralized file management
- Data shield with snapshots
- Enjoy the Roon Server App without a PC
- Multi-point file backup, access, and sync
- QVR Pro- a new surveillance solution
- NAS as a multi-OS platform –virtualization station which allows the user to host Virtual machines on the Unit and access them through a web browser on VNC. The container station offers a detailed solution for creating virtualization environment to improve business IT infrastructure, workflow, and productivity.
- More applications that will boost productivity.
The QNAP TVS-951X is designed to deliver comprehensive features and propel your network to 10GbE with a price that is worth it.
Specification: QNAP TVS-951X NAS Buyer’s Guide