QNAP TS-832X NAS Buyer’s Guide
- Dual 10GbE SFP+ ports for accelerating virtualization and massive file sharing.
- PCIe expandability allows for 10GbE adapters, QM2 cards, USB 3.1 10Gbps cards, or wireless network cards.
- Qtier™ technology and SSD caching enable 24/7 optimized storage efficiency.
- Snapshots fully record system status and data, allowing you to protect files and data from accidental deletion and malware attacks.
- Supports LXC and Docker® containers for rapidly deploying application services across platforms including the cloud, servers, and PCs.
- Secure private cloud supporting centralized storage, backup, sharing, disaster recovery, and storage capacity expansion.
QNAP TS-832X 8-Bay NAS powered by an AnnapurnaLabs Alpine AL-324 quad-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A57 processor and features upwards of 16GB DDR RAM, coupled with two built-in 10GbE SFP ports to handle bandwidth-demanding tasks like large-data applications, fast backup/restoration, and snapshots for easy restoration and containerized applications. The budget-friendly aspect of the TS-832X and the high-speed network, ARM-based NAS supports Qtier technology for auto-tiering to ease the management of data. Additionally, two PCIe slots provide the ability to expand the system and increase overall performance.
Installing high capacity 12TB SATA HDD’s would yield 96 terabytes of raw storage aptly sufficient to handle large data files demanded by challenging applications, quickly and efficiently. As for performance boosters the TS-832X can be further expanded by adding QM2 M.2 SSD/10GbE PCIe cards, utilizing M.2 SSD based storage would give a significant boost to performance. A combination of M.2 SSD’s and HDD’s is also possible if tweaked for optimal performance allowing demanding applications to run smoothly and at optimal performance.
The TS-832X supports SSD caching to improve the workflow of random IOPS demanding applications. Qtier™ Technology empowers the TS-832X with automatic tiering that continuously optimizes storage utilization across high-performance SSD and high-capacity SATA drives. The new Qtier™ 2.0 features IO-awareness that empowers SSD-tiered storage with a cache-like reserved space to handle burst I/O in real time, greatly maximizing the advantages of SSD.
The TS-832X features two PCIe slots (1 x PCIe Gen2 x1, 1 x PCIe GEN2 x 2) allowing for various expansion cards for greater potential.
- 10GbE network card to boost bandwidth-intensive workloads;
- USB 3.1 Gen.2 (10Gbps) card for transferring large media files to/from USB storage;
- PCIe wireless network card to use the NAS as a wireless base station; or
- QNAP QM2 card to add M.2 SSDs to configure SSD caching (M.2 SSD sold separately).
Users can also install a QM2 card with 10GbE 10GBASE-T connectivity, which provides SSD caching with high-speed network connectivity on a single card.
The TS-832X can be part of an overall 10GbE network strategy as well, with the QNAP 10GbE/NBASE-T unmanaged switches can instantly upgrade your network fabric for an all-inclusive cost-effective solution. With a 10GbE network you can benefit from blazing-fast transfer speeds, empower bandwidth-demanding tasks like virtualization, and enable simultaneous real-time access to large NAS-based files using multiple workstations (ideal for video editing and multimedia). QNAP also provides a 10GbE PCIe network expansion card for Windows®/Linux® PCs to take advantage of high-speed LAN environments.
The TS-832X would feature well for an size of business, and for home aside from the current lack of support for ARM processors within PLEX and some apps , it is well suited. This for a small business is perfect and if you are reading this then you are interested in buying so be nice to your business and data get one.
Specification: QNAP TS-832X NAS Buyer’s Guide